At Altify, we build beautiful software that accelerates the sales performance of the world’s best sales teams. We are focused on changing the world of selling. With our software, our customer’s revenue teams work together to build great relationships with their customers and prospects, get a deep understanding of their customers wants and needs, and uncover and deliver millions of dollars of revenue as a result.
Altify is an energetic and creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the world of selling. We have an enthusiastic, ambitious and smart team of people, who are warm, engaging and positive. This is a seriously nice place to work!
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the VP of Product, and working within cross-functional teams, this role is a big opportunity for someone who cares passionately about building easy to use and immensely impactful software, working with a world-class team of designers, product managers, and engineers in Dublin. The product you’ll help to design improves the lives of sellers and their customers every day, it’s beautiful and our users love using it.
What will I be doing?
You will lead the UX team to help design new solutions for sales. You’ll work very closely with Product Managers and Developers in a highly collaborative and agile environment to create intuitive, and impactful user experiences. Working side by side, at Altify, Product Management lead the “what” and the UX team leads the “how”. Core responsibilities include:
- Leading design activities across the full product lifecycle, from ideation to design and delivery.
- Defining and maintaining excellent user experience across our products. Being the advocate for the user.
- Leading and mentoring a small team of UX developers to grow within their roles.
- Defining and maintaining UX best practices, ensuring consistency and usability across products.
As part of this job role, you will:
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand problems and identify user needs and motivations.
- Build wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas, for all aspects of the process from user testing through to development.
- Refine and iterate on your design solutions based on feedback from users, teams and other stakeholders.
- Help to solve user pain points by designing new functionality and improving existing interfaces.
- Collaborate across teams to help with the implementation of designs, ensuring design solutions are understood and executed correctly.
- Share design decisions and present ideas to others across the product and development teams, so they have a clear understanding of the ‘why’.
- Negotiate with Product and Engineering teams on design changes to be included across the roadmap.
- Use effective user science (user testing, surveys, etc) to uncover the best solutions to high potential user problems.
- Work alongside Product Management to connect regularly with customers to review what’s working / what’s not working as they use our products.
- Mentor and support team members to build their expertise in user-centred methodologies, UX best practices and design principles.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to deliver the best user experience for our customers.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of digital product design experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Visual Design/Multimedia, HCO or Psychology discipline, or relevant work experience.
- Highly proficient in graphics editing and prototyping tools (preferably Sketch and InVision).
- Experience in an agile development environment a strong plus
- Good communication skills – you can clearly articulate product design decisions and the reasoning behind them.
By the way, there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Altify is a place where everyone can grow. If this role sounds like something you’d be excited to do and you know you’d be good at it, regardless of your current experience, please apply. Enthusiasm is the must-have!
If you like to take initiative, be creative, tackle new challenges, and share our passion for technology, user experience, and customer success, then no matter what you do at Altify, you’ll play a big part in shaping our growing company and transforming the future of sales. We’re Altify, are you?