Altify is looking to recruit a self-starting, creative and innovative Software Test Engineer into our quality team. A career with Altify offers the chance to work with an exciting, rapidly expanding company on the leading edge of software solution development in our industry. Our team shares an intense belief in creativity, innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Software Engineer will be a member of a focused team developing and maintaining leading-edge software applications on the Salesforce platform to support the sales effectiveness needs of our enterprise customers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an open, dynamic environment and serve a key role in developing next-generation web solutions for the sales industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic, positive and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation. They will be joining an existing team that will shape our quality strategy at an exciting time of growth for the company.
This position is based in our Dublin office.
- Execute exploratory test sessions, provide feedback on the outcome and contribute to the development of the exploratory process.
- Collaborate with team and stakeholders to establish test requirements for developing exploratory testing tests.
- Identify gaps in existing test coverage and develop exploratory test strategies.
- Work according to the agile methodology adhered to, including testing early and often, with customer-focused testing, rapid iterative development and continuous re-prioritisation.
- Track, report, and validate product defects
- Work with other team members in accomplishing group objectives.
- Ensure that all relevant parties are kept up to date on the progress of projects and give feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Use the companies values as a behavioural guide in interactions with others
- Ensure compliance with relevant company standards and guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks, especially Scrum
- Have an understanding of test principles and processes as applied to an agile development environment.
- Good understanding of testing web-based applications.
- Disciplined, organized, and structured approach.
- Capacity to organize individual workload.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow-through, with unwavering attention to detail.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Exposure to Windows and iOS environments.
- Capability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a software test role
- Knowledge of Session-Based Test Management and Exploratory testing an advantage.
- Experience working with a Salesforce environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset: SVN version control system, Jenkins, Jira.
Altify is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Altify has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with QA Engineer as the subject line.