I just wanted to share a short story that shows the lengths some people go to serve their customer.
Today I received the following email about Helen (her real name), one of our consultants, from Craig (his real name) who is one of our sales professionals.
The purpose of this email to let know of the extra effort and commitment, under extremely difficult circumstances, by Helen Harwood. [Helen is one of our consultants]
We all know of Helen’s professional efforts. Her efforts today may become legendary.
So what’s sooo special about Helen’s efforts this week? Here’s are the circumstances:
- Saturday, her laptop died
- Sunday, she needed to replace her laptop. And was able recaptured most of her data….Phew!
- Sunday, a 40+ foot tree crashed on her house. Damaged her home. And broke the gas line to her home. Imagine the activities on her front lawn, including local news.
- Monday, took a cold shower, packed and traveled to Minneapolis, while folks were working and/or preparing to work on her home!
- Today, Tuesday, while receiving multiple vm’s and emails from contractors, insurance, etc., Helen focused on delivering a successful workshop for Honeywell. Thank you!
- And this evening (still Tuesday), her Hotel lost power. It has been restored.
Helen – with much appreciation and awe…”thank you” for your professional efforts and focus, while things were literally falling (no pun intended) around you!
The main reason why customers maintain a long-term relationship with any supplier is the sustained quality of service they receive. Great suppliers differentiate themselves from merely good suppliers by the nature of their response in adverse circumstances. This is a fantastic example of going the extra mile.
Thank you to Helen for maintaining this high level of service, and to Craig for taking the time to recognize it.